Sunday, January 19, 2014

Today I am thankful for Sunday mornings.



I have been dealing with not-so-great roommates since my move to Portland. Last night (this morning) around 3 am, two of them came home loudly yelling at each other despite their proximity, then continuing to yell into their phones on separate phone conversations. You could say I was frustrated having been woken up so inconveniently. (Say it.)

To continue, one roommate's alarm sounded at 7am and continued until 8 am, when I decided just to get out of bed. Two rude wakeup calls in a 4 hour period. 

After both times, I was angrily trying to devise my own loud rude wake up plan to disturb them from their precious slumber. 

Needless to say, I did not wake up in the greatest of moods this morning and decided to go for a morning walk. 

For me, Sunday mornings have always been about reflection, looking at and counting my blessings, relaxation and a chance to step back and look at the picture bigger than my little self. Cleansing. Like the sorbet of weekdays, if you will. 


Just like that, my mood did a 180. Revenge (no matter how petty and little as it is to return the rude favor of an abrupt wakeup) is no way to live your life. So today, I am thankful for my Sunday mornings. 

--------------

I have not forgotten about this focus since I decided to take it on. Over the past 2 weeks, I have been thankful for support, opportunities, friends who seem to call right when I feel like I need someone to talk to, people's patience, earplugs (see above bit about roommates), my blanket and my mobility. Many more, of course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment